'Wing' Nixie tube clock
Wing is a Nixie tube clock, designed as a collaboration with Paul Parry of Bad Dog Designs. Inspired by all things aviation, and handmade out of aluminium with a 'fumed oak' base. The time (hh:mm:ss) is displayed on a bank of six Nixie tubes which can also be programmed (via three buttons) to show the date and set an alarm.
Nixie tubes were once popular in the 1950’s and 1960’s and used in many electronic gadgets of the time, from petrol pumps to military equipment. Long since out of production, each of these clocks are made from recovered old stock lost in warehouses.
Paul started making clocks using these Nixie tubes a few years ago and has quickly made a global name for himself with his clocks selling all over the world. Please have a look at his website, www.bad-dog-designs.co.uk to see some of the amazing clocks he has made.
- Size - 230mm wide, 210mm high and 200mm deep
- Brushed aluminium, stainless steel fittings, fumed oak base, state-of-the-art electronics, genuine Nixie tubes
- Mains powered (12V circuitry powered via an adaptor)
- 6 x ZM1040 genuine original Nixie tubes
- PCB circuit board by PV electronics